About Kimberly Davidson
Media ~ Education & Certifications
"I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work
the more I live." ~ George Bernard Shaw
From living on the edge of hell for over two decades to victory in Jesus Christ, today Kimberly Davidson has a passion and mission to help women mend their souls. Through her work she maps out a God-centered recovery plan to overcome the bondage of everyday destructive habits and thinking.
"My heart is to help women break free from the past and engage them in the process of healing and growing into the likeness of our Savior, Jesus Christ."
Kimberly received a MA from Western Seminary, is a board certified biblical counselor and spiritual development coach. She has ministered to women for over ten years, from the walls of prison to youth centers, inspiring them to empower God to meet their emotional and spiritual needs. For five years Kimberly was a leader with ARMS (Abuse Recovery Ministry Services). Today she teaches abuse recovery using her book Dancing in the Sonshine at Oregon's Coffee Creek Correctional Facility for women. She is also a Pregnancy Resource Center (Care Net) volunteer; and a Guest
Instructor at Western Seminary on the subject of Eating Disorders
and Body Image.
Kimberly is the author of six books and a contributor to seven books, and has penned numerous articles. Born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Kimberly has lived in Iowa, New York (Long Island), London, suburbia Chicago, and Los Angeles. Today she lives in Oregon on a small ranch with her husband and numerous critters.
Today, as never before, millions of Christian women, of all ages, are struggling in emotional and physical prisons. They are searching as never before for direction and answers. It can indeed be very difficult to change what we don't understand. But there is hope!
Kimberly's objective through her counseling, coaching, and writing is to empower women to take God's hand, locate a Bible, and begin an incredible life-changing journey to:
- Break free from the wounds of abuse, hidden addictions and bad habits, including eating disorders.
- Develop positive self-worth in Jesus Christ.
- Develop the courage to deal with the woundedness of abuse and destructive relationships.
- Begin the process of renewing their thinking according to Romans 12:2..
- Turn dreams and desires into realities.
Life Purpose Statement: My mission is to glorify Jesus Christ and make him known by equipping women to transform their world.
NAME: Olive Branch Outreach, Kimberly Davidson, Founder
Pastoral Counselor to Women and Teen Girls, Spiritual Development Coach, Speaker, Writer,
FROM: Portland, Oregon
TYPES: Women and Youth Girls: Groups, Church Conferences
MEMBERSHIP: American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
AFFILIATION: Church of the Nazarene
EDUCATION/CREDENTIALS: MA: Western Seminary; BA: University of Iowa; BCBC: AACC
In the News ~
Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Childhood Abuse Are Epidemic and Devastate the Lives of Countless Women and Girls
The 2nd updated and enhanced edition of:
I'm Beautiful? Why Can't I See It? Love Yourself and Love Your Body in 12 Weeks
Author Believes Sharing Personal Secrets Will Help Others Break Free from Addictive Behaviors
12-weeks to a newer, happier you: New book helps women stop insatiable pursuit of pleasure
Meet author Kimberly Davidson in this 3 minute book trailer and/or this 4 minute book trailer.
While it is wise to learn from experience, it is wiser to learn from the experiences of others. -- Dr. Rick Warren
Kimberly has been featured on Radio and Television:
- Atlanta Live, June, 2013
- Lifeline with Kurt Goff in February, 2012
- The Christian Authors Show, April, 2012
- Focus on the Family® audio CD as
part of their Focus On Your Child® ministry dedicated to helping
parents raise healthy, confident and well-adjusted children; and featured
on Dr. Bill Maier's Weekend Magazine (Sept, 2008).
- Dr. Freda V. Crew's Time for Hope,
a weekly faith-based mental health talk television show designed to
help people find hope and meaning in their lives.
- To hear a 15-minute radio interview about the book and Kimberly, email her at:
and Freelance Writer
- Kimberly has authored six books:
- Dancing in the Sonshine: Restoration from the Wounds of Abuse
- Something Happened on My Way to Hell: Break Free from the Insatiable Pursuit of Pleasure
- I'm Beautiful? Why Can't I See It? Daily
Encouragement to Promote Healthy Eating and Positive Self-Esteem, with a foreword by Gregory L. Jantz, Ph.D.;
God's Girl? Why Can't I Feel It? Daily
Biblical Encouragement to Defeat Depression & the Blues
the Cover Girl Mask: Toss Out Toxic Thoughts
- Torn Between Two Masters: Encouraging Teens to Live Authentically in a Celebrity-Obsessed World.
- She is a contributing
author to the books: It's A God Thing, Shepherding Women in Pain, Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul, Forever
His, Wounded By Words, and The One Year Life Devotional
- All books are available on her website, Amazon.com or WalMart.com, and may be
ordered through independent booksellers.
- Kimberly's articles have appeared in over two dozen magazines.
Education and Certification
of Arts: Specialized Ministry (Pastoral Care to Women),
Western Seminary, Portland, Oregon.
of Arts: (emphasis on Health Sciences, Food and Nutrition) University
of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Board Certified Biblical Counselor: American Association of Christian Counselors
of Course Completion in Professional
Life Coaching 101 & 201: Light University (American Assoc. of
- Completed: Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocacy training through
Clackamas Women's Services, Portland, Oregon.
- Licensure: Minister's License, Church of the Nazarene, 2005 to 2010
Instructor: Western Seminary, Women in Pain-Eating Disorders, 2006
- Attends Ongoing Seminars & Conferences
History: 20 years sales & marketing manager, Health industry;
5 years marketing manager, high-tech industry
we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your
servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of
his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the
glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of
clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.-- 2
Corinthians 4:5-7 (NIV)